Tuesday, June 23, 2015

MFT Summer School: Lesson 5: Quiet Space/White Space

Hello again, crafty friends!
I did it! I completed all 5 days of summer school! (I wonder if this is how my students feel?! Hehehe!)
This is MFT Summer School: Lesson 5: Quiet Space/White Space

Def. n. “White space” stays in the background to make the focal point or the sentiment the unabashed star of the show. And it doesn’t necessarily have to be white!

Here's my card:
 Of course, they saved my Kryptonite for last! If you've been around the blog-o, you know white space gives me crafty anxiety! I feel the need to add embossing or some kind of texture even to CAS cards! I can't just leave it quiet...I need some noise!!! *Ü* But even though I wanted to add a paw print embossing folder to the card base...I took my paws off the card & walked away...

Here's another peek:
 I just adore this stamp set! The kitties are just adorable *Ü* I colored Mr. Meow with the no-line coloring technique with Copics. I fussy cut it because I don't have the coordinating dies...yet... ;)
I added some twine behind Mr. Meow so that it looked like he unwrapped the box *Ü*  & sprinkled 3 hearts (visual triangle ;) I created the sentiment by combining 2 stamp sets. "You Had Me At" from the At the Movies stamp set & "Meow" from this set.

Thank you so much for taking the time to peek at my summer assignments. I generally don't do summer school...but this session was crafty fun!!!

Class dismissed...until next time *Ü*


The 411
Stamps: I Knead You, At the Movies-MFT
Ink: Memento Desert Sand. Close to Cocoa-SU
Paper: Crumb Cake cs-SU. pink cs
Tools: Copics, Stitched Rectangle dies- Lawn Fawn, mini hearts-SSS
Other: Twine-May Arts, Wink of Stella pen-clear

5 comments:

  1. Love this card- I think CAS is hard- you have added great visual interest with the cording and the hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your CAS design miss Lady..this is super duper cute and love the color composition...great card as always my dear..hugs..Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karli,
    I have really enjoyed all of your summer school posts and your amazing homework assignments. So much information and great explanations. I am going to save these emails so that I have a reference tool. Glad that you are enjoying your summer so far!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin