Thursday, July 2, 2015

Flamingo Friends

Hello there, friends!
 My bestie's birthday is around the corner, so I have her card to share with ya.
Here it is:
I have been waiting to get this flamingo set from My Favorite Things. It was sold out for the longest time! Finally, I was able to get my hands on it (and the matching stamp set) & decided to make my bestie's birthday card with it. I die cut the flamingos from pink cardstock and added some color with my Copics. I added some clear Wink of Stella to make them sparkle *Ü* The background was sponged with Distress Inks.

Here's another peek:
 When I had completed the card, I decided to add Enamel Accents to the eyes. I added the first dot, then when I went to add the second dot, the bottle squirted a big blob :(  I wanted to cry because my card was ALL DONE!!! but then I remembered a trick Jennifer McGuire shared about using your craft knife to scratch away ink & buff it with an eraser and it WORKED! You can see it a little bit but nowhere near as catastrophic as it was...What would I do without Jennifer McGuire...*Ü*

Here's a peek of the simple innies:

I used this week's MFT sketch:
 I will be playing along in the following challenges:
Ohh La La Creations: #183 Happy Birthday
Stamps + Fun = Creativity: #256 Wood (woodgrain panel behind the flamingos)
The Paper Girls: #82 Happy Birthday
The Pink Elephant: #305 Anything Goes

Thanks for hanging out in my little corner of the blog-o.
Ciao for now,


The 411
Stamps: Tickled Pink-MFT
Ink: Versamark w/ gold embossing powder. Rich Cocoa-Memento
Paper: Dots and Stripes-Echo Park. Damask Designs- PTI. Very Vanilla cs, Blushing Bride cs, Kraft cs-SU. Blush Pink cs-PTI. Gold cs. Black cs. White cs.
Tools: Stitched Circles dies, Flamingos dies-MFT. Stitched Rectangles dies-Lawn Fawn. Basic Set (banner)-Mama Elephant. Shaker Shapes: Balloon die, Woodgrain Impression Plate-PTI. Gift punch-Martha Stewart
Other: Enamel Accents-Ranger. sequins. Black gel pen-Sakura

7 comments:

  1. Lovely image. That die cut looks fab. I also like the words you've used for your insert....very clever and apt greeting. Thank you for sharing it with us at OLL Challenges

    Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful. Love the fresh colours.
    Thanks for sharing with us at SFC!
    Hugs, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karli I love the sketch
    that woodgrain that cute flamingo and all the pink on your card
    love that DIE sentiment too
    adorable made my friend
    hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card and I love the sentiment inside - fab!
    Thanks for sharing with us at OLLC.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute ... I'm sure your friend will be tickled pink with her card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card!!! Great design and sponging.

    I have been eyeing three Flamingo sets (MFT being one of them) and haven't been able to decide yet which to order.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great card! Love the inking in the background and those sweet flamingos with the little gift! So glad you played along at MFT!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin