Thursday, July 16, 2015

MFT Summer School: Primary Colors

Hi friends,
Today's card continues the lessons from MFT Summer School.

 Today's lesson is #8 Color Theory: Primary colors. def: The most basic of colors are primary colors — red, yellow, and blue. See how they create a triangle in the color wheel? From those three colors come all of the rest.
 Here's my card using the primary colors:
 I luuuved the look of Stephanie Klauck's example on the MFT blog. I wanted to try the technique myself. I used my dots stencil and Distress Inks to blend the colors. So, when I blended red and yellow, that gave me the orange hue. Blue and yellow gave me the green hue. Red and blue gave me the purple hue. I also did the same thing for the border around it (without the stencil.)

Here's another peek:
I added clear Wink of Stella to everything with color on it! It was really hard to not add more to the card, but I decided adding more would cover up the color effect---> which is the whole point of the lesson. So I decided to dec out the innies a bit instead:

I did the same thing to the balloon. Honestly, this color theory is not anything new to me, but it's so much fun to play...and change it up a bit from the usual *Ü* I hardly ever use stencils, but after this, I KNOW I will be playing with them a lot more! Fun, fun, fun! *Ü*

Thanks so much for stopping by *Ü*
Have a colorful, wonderful day!

The 411
Stamps: Birthday Sentiments-My Favorite Things
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black. Distress Inks-Fired Brick, Faded Jeans, Fossilized Amber
Paper: True Black cs-Papertrey Ink. Whisper White cs-SU. Neenah Solar White cs
Tools: Dots stencil-Heidi Swapp. Accent It LLD Celebrate dies-MFT. "Birthday" word die-Impression Obssession. Basic dies set-Mama Elephant. Wonky Stitches dies-Avery Elle. Stitched Rectangle dies, Party Balloons dies-Lawn Fawn
Other: clear Wink of Stella brush

2 comments:

  1. Love the dots of colour and that gorgeous balloon! Thanks for sharing your lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the border you created around the stenciled card and the look of sponged balloon on the second card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin