Thursday, July 23, 2015

NY Luck

Hello friends,
I have a couple of cards to share today.
My bestie's son is leaving California and heading to New York for work. She threw a little going away party for him. Instead of chips & dip, I brought a card :)
I blended Distress Inks to create the starry night background. I used Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire, and Salty Ocean. I stamped the city skyline in versafine onyx black. The image is from a Tim Holtz Stamp, I'm not sure if it's NY, but I thought it would go well in the background. I added lots of clear Wink of Stella to the bottom part of the card so it would look like water shimmering in the moonlight.
Here's another peek:
 To finish I added a few drops of Glossy Accents here and there. Very simple card.

My second card, I actually forgot to share. I made it for my neighbor for Father's Day.
Here it is:
 He's an AVID golfer so that's the theme I went with. You know me- I LOVE interactive cards so I had to make a spinner element for that golf ball *Ü*
Here it goes...

A hole in one! So fun!

I'm busy getting ready for a new batch of 200 kiddos and a new school year, but I'll pop in to share as time permits...
Until next time *Ü*

4 comments:

  1. Two more fabulous cards. Thanks for sharing Karli! Wishing you the best as you begin to prepare for another school year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, starry background. LOVE your spinning golf card! So creative and fun. Good luck with the new school year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards- love, love the sky and skyline- what a cool card. And, the Golfing card- I am going to have to CASE this! Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wohoooo
    coool I love your GOLD card
    i see it can move wooooww clever Karli
    and the first card look like a postcard and look like a real one
    cool color and I guess this post is really match for Manly cards
    love both of them Karli

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin