Thursday, February 4, 2016

Year of the Monkey

Hi there friends,
One more sleep and it'll be the weekend! Yay *Ü*
Today, I have a card to share that I created for a teacher of Chinese in my department for Chinese New Year.
Here it is:
 This stamp is called Lion Dancers (Sister Stamps) and the banner is Xin Chun Kuai Le (SeeSaw graphics). I masked the images & ink blended the background with Distress Inks in Candied Apple, Fossilized Amber, and Black Soot. Then I removed the masks & colored the images with Copics.

Here's a closer peek:
I know it's hard to see, but everywhere there's white, I covered it with the Clear Wink of Stella brush so it's sparkly! *Ü* And I added a wiggle eye for fun! There are little dots of gold all over the background, which is hard to see too :(  I've had this stamp for a while & finally got around to inking it up- I think it's adorable! *Ü*

Thanks so much for peeking today!
Tootles,

5 comments:

  1. Oh karli, this is such cute and adorable card! Love the stunning colors and the funny eyes!! Your co-worker is one lucky person to recieve such a great card! Have a wonderful day! Hugs and sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh ooh Karliiiii
    I was not here since december right
    I was aways in Indonesia and visiting my mom and dad sister and friends
    Now I came back and I was busy with my new IKEA cupboard
    now about your card
    sooo soo cuuutee
    the image and the coloring is fantabulous Karli
    I adore that glitter too
    and this card so fit for the new year of chinese people
    ADORABLE CARD Karli I LOVE THIS MUCH

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your cards and creativity Karli!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your coloring and background blending are beautiful. Love the special touches, especially the googlie eye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an amazing CNY card! Love the sweet images you used, and the BG color- perfect! My daughter is home from teaching in China for 2 yrs, so nice to have her home : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :) So appreciated!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin